ENMOTIVE REGISTRATION PROTECTION PLAN
The terms and conditions of the EnMotive Registration Protection Plan (the “Plan”) described below apply to the event for which you have registered, and which is described on your registration receipt (the “Covered Event”).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You are eligible for protection under this Plan if:
- You are a registered participant in the Covered Event and you have paid the Event Fee in full and enroll in the Plan as part of the registration process and pay the Plan fee; or
- You are a registered Relay Team participant in the Covered Event, and the Event Fee for the Relay Team is paid in full and the Relay Team is enrolled in the Plan and pays the Plan fee.
Your protection under the Plan begins on the date your registration form is submitted or electronic internet registration is received. Your protection under the Plan ends when the Covered Event begins (the “Coverage Period”).
The Plan fee is shown in the Event registration receipt and is due on the date you register to participate in the Covered Event.
EnMotive Company, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“us”, “we”, or “EnMotive”) will reimburse 100% of the Event Fee you paid for the Covered Event (less only fees for products already shipped or picked up) if you are unable to participate for a Qualifying Reason. The reimbursement amount will not include any amounts in excess of the Event Fee itself and will not include fees for products already shipped or picked up.
We will reimburse the Event Fee (less only fees for products already shipped or picked up) you paid if you, or the Relay Team of which you are a member, are unable to participate in the Covered Event for any one of the following reasons (“Qualifying Reasons”):
- You suffer from an Injury or an unforeseen Illness, or you give birth to a child (including unforeseen complications of pregnancy). A Qualified Medical Practitioner must certify in writing, prior to or within 30 days after the Event Date, that you are not able to participate in the Covered Event.
- You are on Active Military Duty and receive unanticipated reassignment or deployment orders or revocation of personal leave having effect during the Coverage Period, except for disciplinary reasons. You must provide us a copy of the orders you receive.
- You are directly involved in a traffic Accident on the day of the Covered Event that causes either an Injury to you or damage to the automobile that creates an immediate need for repair to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle and prevents your attendance at the Covered Event.
- You are not able to arrive in time to participate in the Covered Event due to a documented delay by the Common Carrier you used for transportation to the Covered Event location.
- Any Injury, an unforeseen Illness, or childbirth (including unforeseen complications of pregnancy) occurring to your spouse, child or Domestic Partner during the Coverage Period and continuing in effect through within 1 hour prior to the Event Date. A Qualified Medical Practitioner must examine such person within 72 hours of the Event Date and certify the existence of the condition in writing.
- Your automobile having a Mechanical Breakdown within 48 hours prior to the Event Date. You will be required to provide an estimate or repair bill from a licensed garage or dealership or a bill from a licensed towing service. The estimate or repair bill must be dated on or before the Event Date.
- You, after having been with the same employer for at least three continuous years, are terminated or laid off, through no fault of your own, during the Coverage Period.
- During the Coverage Period, you, or your spouse are permanently relocated by your or your spouse's current employer to a location that is at least 100 miles from your address associated with the Covered Event registration and you or your spouse are required to move during the Coverage Period.
- The death of your Family Member during the Coverage Period. You will be required to provide a copy of the death certificate.
We will not reimburse any portion of the Event Fee you paid for the Covered Event if you are unable to participate in the Covered Event due to any reason other than a Qualifying Reason. The following (without limitation) are examples of situations which are not Qualifying Reasons:
- An intentionally self-inflicted injury or self-inflicted sickness; suicide or attempted suicide.
- Physical complications resulting from alcohol or substance abuse.
- Natural disasters.
- You have not made your full payment of the Event Fee before the Event Date.
- The Covered Event is canceled by the Covered Event administrator for any reason (including, but not limited to, severe or hazardous weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, or a mandate by federal, state, or local authority).
- You and/or your assigned bib number cross the start line on the day of the Covered Event.
- You make changes to personal plans or have a business or contractual obligation that prevents you from participating in the Covered Event.
- You choose to take part in a Covered Event-sponsored deferment where your current year Event Fee will be a credit towards next year’s event.
- You choose, other than for a Qualifying Reason, not to participate in a Covered Event.
- The Plan covers the registered participant only.
- The Plan must be purchased during the initial Covered Event registration process and cannot be purchased after that transaction is completed.
- The date of the occurrence of the Qualifying Reason must be during the Coverage Period.
- Those using the group registration process are not eligible for the Plan.
- All reimbursements are processed electronically to the original payment method that was used during the registration process.
- The fees associated with the Registration Protection Plan are non-reimbursable. Amounts paid for products shipped or picked up are non-reimbursable.
- EnMotive’s obligations for reimbursement will be reduced to the extent you receive reimbursement of any portion or all of the Event Fee from a third party.
If you are unable to participate in this Covered Event for any of the Qualifying Reasons, you must notify us no later than 30 days after the Event Date. You can contact us via the online portal at www.enmotive.com/protectionplan or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide a link to the reimbursement form. You must complete and submit the reimbursement form to us, along with any supporting documents or proof we reasonably request, within the 30 day time frame. If you do not submit such information within 30 days of the Event Date, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement under the Plan.
If you have any questions on the plan you can contact us via email at email@example.com
means an unexpected, unintended, unforeseeable event beyond the affected person’s control which occurs during the Coverage Period causing Injury to the affected person.
means serving in the United States Armed Forces on a full-time basis.
means an entity licensed to carry passengers for hire by air. Common Carrier does not mean a vehicle rental company, commuter rail, subway, bus, taxi or similar transport service or any personal aircraft.
means a person who is at least eighteen years of age, and you must provide one of the following documents: 1) evidence of financial interdependence, such as joint bank accounts or credit cards, jointly owned property, and mutual life insurance or pension beneficiary designations; 2) evidence of cohabitation for at least the previous 6 months; and 3) an affidavit of domestic partnership if recognized by the jurisdiction within which he/she resides.
means the date of the Covered Event.
means the total amount paid for the ticket/registration, including venue surcharges and taxes.
means your dependent, spouse, child, spouse's child, son or daughter-in-law, parent, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, step-sibling, step-parent, parent-in-law, brother or sister-in-law, guardian, Domestic Partner, foster-child, or ward.
is an act of violence against you requiring medical treatment in a Hospital.
means a licensed institution that is run mainly for the care and treatment of sick or injured persons as inpatients. Hospital does not include a nursing home, convalescent facility, or long-term care facility.
means a Sickness, infirmity or disease that first begins during the Coverage Period and is not a pre-existing condition.
means bodily injury caused by an Accident or Felonious Assault, directly and independently of all other causes and sustained during the Coverage Period.
means a sudden and accidental breakage or failure of your vehicle while you are more than 25 miles from your home that makes your vehicle inoperable or unsafe to operate.
means a person licensed as a medical doctor by the jurisdiction in which he/she is resident to practice the healing arts. Qualified Medical Practitioner includes physicians, licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, and chiropractors. He/she must be practicing within the scope of his/her license for the service or treatment given and may not be the covered individual or a Family Member of the covered individual.
means a pair or group of participants who register to participate in the Covered Event under the relay team category as defined in the Covered Event guidelines.
means an illness or disease of the body which requires examination and treatment by a Qualified Medical Practitioner and commences during the Coverage Period.
EnMotive and entities that that, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with EnMotive and the provider of the Covered Event (the “EnMotive Group”) require personal information including:
- details about you including your name, date of birth, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, employer, and other identification
- medical records and information about you
- records that reflect your business dealings with and through us
This personal information is collected for the following purposes when offering and providing the Plan and related services:
- To identify and communicate with you
- To consider any application for the Plan
- To administer the Plan and related benefits
- To investigate claims and to determine eligibility for benefits
- To provide assistance services
- For fraud prevention and debt collection purposes
- As required or permitted by law.
We only collect personal information necessary for purposes of administering the Plan from individuals who apply for participation in the Plan. In some cases, we also collect personal information from members of your family or friends if you are unable, for medical or other reasons, to communicate directly with us. We also collect and disclose information for the Plan purposes from, to and with, third parties such as, but not necessarily limited to, health care practitioners and facilities, government and private health insurers your family members and friends. We may also use and disclose information from our existing files for the purposes of administering the Plan and evaluating claims. Our employees and representatives who require this information for the purposes of their duties will have access to this file. Upon your request and authorization, we may also disclose this information to other persons.
When an individual applies for, purchases, or is covered by the Plan or submits a claim for reimbursement of the Event Fee, he or she is presumed to consent to the personal information practices described in this notice. A person may decline to have their information collected, used or disclosed for purposes of the Plan but in that instance, we will likely be unable to provide reimbursement of the Event Fee.
Personal information is maintained in the Certificate or Policy holder’s, insured’s or claimant’s file that we establish and maintain in the EnMotive offices. In some instances, we may additionally maintain or communicate or transfer information to health care and other service providers located outside of the United States. As a result, personal information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the law of these other jurisdictions. For information about how to obtain access to written information about our policies and procedures with respect to service providers outside of the United States, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain the personal information we collect for a specified period of time and in a storage method appropriate with legal and our internal corporate requirements. Personal information will be securely destroyed following the expiration of the appropriate retention period.
EnMotive Company, LLC
951 Corporate Grove Drive
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Please be aware that once you submit a reimbursement form to EnMotive and have attested to the fact that you are unable to participate in the Covered Event for a Qualifying Reason, your proceeding to participate in the Covered Event (without first receiving the written approval of EnMotive) is fraud, and will result in disqualification from the Covered Event and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. Further, EnMotive and/or the Covered Event owner will have the right to ban you from participating in future events.
Anti-Terrorism and other Laws:
The Plan will not cover any loss, injury, damage or legal liability sustained directly or indirectly by any individual or entity identified on any applicable government watch lists as a supporter of terrorism, narcotics or human trafficking, piracy, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, organized crime, malicious cyber activity, or human rights abuses.
Terms and Condition of the Registration Protection Plan are subject to change or revision with or without notice.